Karbon Kinetics Limited was founded in 2002 with a mission to develop the world’s most innovate and technologically advanced electric bicycle. Using automotive engineering and design, KKL has produced Gocycle®, the award-winning electric two-wheeler that is shaking up the electric bicycle industry.
Gocycle is the brainchild of Richard Thorpe, a former Mclaren Cars design engineer with a 25- year career working in the motorsports and light electric vehicle industry.
After an extensive and in-depth product development process, Karbon Kinetics’ critically acclaimed breakthrough product Gocycle was first made available to the public in April 2009. Inspired by F1 high-performance and design, Gocycle is the first injection-moulded magnesium alloy bicycle in history. Lightest in class, environmentally sustainable and stylish with on-demand electric power, Gocycle is an automotive joy to live with. Ergonomic, elegant, lightweight, ingenious and fun. A talking point wherever it goes.
Company Fast Facts
- January 2002: Karbon Kinetics Limited is founded by former McLaren Cars design engineer Richard Thorpe.
- March 2008: Gocycle G1 wins awards for Best Innovation and Best Complete Bicycle at Taipei International Cycle Show.
- January 2009: Gocycle G1 wins Bicycle Innovation Award at FietsVAK, Amsterdam.
- April 2009: Gocycle G1 launches in Europe to international media acclaim.
- September 2009: Gocycle G1 wins IF GOLD Award in the electric bicycle category at EUROBIKE, Germany.
- February 2011: The first-generation Gocycle G1 is now sold out!
- September 2011: Karbon Kinetics announces Gocycle G2 specifications.
- August 2012: Karbon Kinetics premieres the Gocycle G2 at EUROBIKE 2012.
- August 2012: Gocycle G2 is awarded the EUROBIKE Award honouring innovation in the bicycle industry.
- October 2014: Karbon Kinetics launches the Gocycle G2 at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show and enters the North American market.
- March 2015: Gocycle G2 wins the coveted 2015 Red Dot award for product design.