At Karbon Kinetics Ltd, we are passionate about performance and serious about support.
European Union consumer law provides up to two (2) years of protection relating to faulty products. For further information on rights provided under consumer law within Europe, please click here. Where appropriate, claims under warranty will only be valid with proof/date of purchase of KKL products through an approved reseller and for the original owner only. For details on warranty coverage and claims, please refer to Section 11 of the Terms of Sale.
Intended Use and Specification
Gocycle is an electric bicycle developed in accordance with the requirements outlined in the City Bicycle Standard EN 14764:2005 and the Electric Bicycle Standard EN 15194 and is intended as a power-assisted bicycle for sensible use by physically competent consumers.
Gocycle products have been developed and designed for commuting usage and/or simple riding in fair weather, at speeds relevant to safe and appropriate travel in an urban or suburban environment and in accordance with KKL’s published guidelines, including but not limited to information contained in technical specifications, Gocycle Owner’s Manual, Assembly and Operation Guides, service communications and media accessible from www.gocycle.com.
End User Responsibility
The end user must acknowledge and act on the advice and recommendations published by KKL, including but not limited to information contained in technical specifications, Gocycle Owner’s Manual, Assembly and Operation Guides, service communications and media accessible from www.gocycle.com. The end user agrees to register with KKL through online registration at Registration section before first usage or agrees to visit Safety section no less than every three months from first usage.
Obtaining Repair Services for a Fault
Before you can process a claim, you must register your Gocycle product with KKL through online registration at Registration section. KKL will reference this registration information when you require support.
Before providing repair service, KKL or authorised reseller may require you to provide proof of purchase details and may ask you to respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues. KKL or authorised reseller will provide instructions for the procedures for obtaining service.
From time to time, KKL will publish information to rectify known issues. Before seeking repair service, you should make contact with your point of sale, be it KKL or authorised Gocycle reseller.
You must submit any claim arising from a faulty product within two (2) months of its discovery.
You should make available when requested proof of purchase, the Gocycle frame number and/or order number and a description of the problem. On satisfactory receipt of the requirements, a Gocycle agent will work with you in an attempt to diagnose and resolve the issue.
If after seeking support from the seller your Gocycle product is still not functioning as specified, a KKL representative will determine whether your Gocycle product requires service and how KKL will provide this service.
Claims for the following will not be valid:
- Consumable parts where service life will vary widely depending on usage. These include batteries, tyres, inner tubes, brake pads, brake hoses, brake fluid, pedals, chain and drive components and handlebar grips. Your warranty will not cover these products unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship.
- Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches and dents.
- Damage caused by use with another product.
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, neglect, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause.
- Any damage, failure or loss caused by misuse or operating the Gocycle product outside KKL’s published guidelines.
- Damage caused by service by anyone who is not a representative of KKL or a Gocycle Service Provider (“GSP”).
- A Gocycle product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of KKL.
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear including corrosion, rust, hairline cracks in paint, chips in paint, water damage, the results of fatigue. Fatigue damage is a symptom of the frame or component being worn through normal use. It is the owner’s responsibility to inspect his/her Gocycle in accordance with responsible practice and the published recommendations outlined in the Gocycle Owner’s Manual.
- Any Gocycle if the frame number has been removed or defaced from the Gocycle product.
KKL provides service through its network of Gocycle resellers. In the event that you require service or repair of a KKL product, please contact the Gocycle reseller from which you purchased the product. Depending on the complexity of service required, a reseller may elect to send your Gocycle product to a Gocycle Service Centre location. Upon completion of the service of your Gocycle product, you will be notified, at which time you may collect the product as soon as is feasible.
If you elect to repair a defective product yourself, use the services of a non-approved service agent, or if you use a replacement part not supplied by KKL, KKL will not be liable for any damage, failure, repair costs or loss caused by the use of such unauthorised service or parts.
KKL will have the option to repair or replace (with new or reconditioned parts of the same or similar specification), at no charge, a defective product, or repay the amount equal to the purchase price of the product. KKL may elect to simultaneously replace non-defective parts that are part of a sub-assembly that contains the defective component. Any replaced components, parts or accessories will become the property of KKL. In the event KKL elects to replace a defective frame, a new frame of equal or greater value will be provided. The new frame may not be the exact model purchased.